Your mountain adventures start here...
Winter, summer, spring and fall, Aspen Alpine Guides offers every excursion to satisfy your adventurous side. Since 1987, AAG has provided professional, quality mountain guiding adventures in the Aspen area and beyond. We are an equal opportunity service provider and employer operating under a special use permit from the USDA Forest Service, White River National Forest.
Our backcountry mountain adventures span guided year-round trips including hiking, rock climbing, mountaineering, snow-shoeing, cross country ski instruction and tours, backcountry skiing, out of bounds lift assisted skiing, mountain biking, backpacking, hut trips on the 10th Mountain Hut System, and High Altitude Training for runners and Cyclists. We also offer a series of international trekking and climbing trips, as well as American Institute for Avalanche Research and Education (AIARE) courses. With areas of operation spanning from Crested Butte to Aspen, Leadville to Vail, Telluride and Moab, Utah, we specialize in creating custom backcountry adventures for individuals and groups of all abilities and sizes.
Why choose a guide?
Not only are our guides certified in emergency wilderness medicine, they also have the knowledge and know how to tailor a trip to your individual needs and take you to places far from crowds and conventionality. As the saying goes around here, your guide is your most important accessory. Meet our guides!
Featured Trips and Courses
Castle Peak Mountaineering Course
The Castle Peak Mountaineering weekend course is a collaborative program with Colorado Mountain School. This course will teach you the skills needed to climb a peak along with how to camp in a alpine setting. This trip is a great opportunity to learn new skills or brush up on your mountaineering skills with the added bonus of summiting a classic Colorado 14er. Learn how to move efficiently on snow and rock, how to self-arrest, and more!
Advanced Ski Tour / Peak
Advanced Ski Tour/Peak Spring is a great time to get out and summit a peak or ski a big line. Skiers must not only be physically fit but they also must have the technical skills needed in steep winter alpine terrain.
- Pearl Basin/Peak
- Castle Peak
- Hayden Peak
- Sopris Mountain
- Geissler Peak
Big Mountain Training
Big Mountain Training Spring mountaineering in Aspen is top notch. Want to test your mountain skills or prepare for an upcoming trip? Train and learn the necessary mountaineering skills with us!Our hands on, field based instruction includes the following: survival and mountaineering skills, route finding, bivoc and shelter construction, use of ropes, crampons and ice axe on steep terrain, & self rescue and self arrest.
- We at Aspen Alpine Guides strive to provide a model for an individual-focused guide service that continues to maintain safety, leadership and passion for the outdoors.
- Our commitment to providing outstanding guides ensures that our guides are able to work towards their goals and create memorable experiences.
- We are committed to being a resource to the community by sharing our passion for teaching and education.
- We foster a mutual respect and appreciation for environmental stewardship and healthy lifestyles.
- We continue to commit to our guests’ goals by guiding with integrity, authenticity and passion. Above all, we value the relationships we have built with our guests and each other.
- We practice principles that will help our community maintain its mountain lifestyle, so we all can enjoy the beautiful mountains for years to come.
Note: Our guiding principles were created in the Spring of 2013 in a collaborative process by the guides from Aspen Alpine Guides.